Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Going to Stellarcon

It took some time to decide whether to go or not, because I've been spread mightily thin of late, but in the end, I've decided to attend a second local con, Stellarcon, in order to take part in the art show.

While I enjoyed MACE very much, there was a lot to do there, and I was unable to participate, because I was tied to the dealer's hall. This time my work will be on display on my behalf, alongside the work of other fantasy and science fiction artists, which will allow me to enjoy the opportunities of the con a little more fully.

The theme of the con is 'Steampunk,' a genre I've learned to love over the last year through the excellent ongoing story of Girl Genius, and my failed attempts to master Steamband (a steampunk themed variant of Angband, which, laying aside the complexities of the family tree, is a member of the family of roguelike games).

Once I finish my current projects- a sculpture of Great A'Tuin, the largest dragon I've ever made, and a few other things, I'll be free to consider a new sculpture with the steampunk theme. We'll see what happens, but for the moment, I am excited to attend- maybe get to a writer's workshop, definitely try out a few new games. And hopefully find people interested in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment